Find out about publications which have been produced specifically to help carers in County Durham.
Carers information factsheets
Looking after someone coming out of hospital
Is someone close to you going into hospital for treatment, or are they in hospital now? Will they have care and support needs on their return home? If you will be looking after them you will be a carer. The factsheet below provides more information:
Life after caring
Whether you have been a carer for just a few weeks, or for many years, changes to your role as a carer can have a huge and lasting effect on your life.
Your caring role may have come to an end for a number of reasons including:
- The person you care for has recovered and become independent again.
- The person you care for has moved into residential or nursing care.
- You may have made a decision that you are no longer able to continue caring.
- As a young carer you may be leaving home, going to college or starting work.
- You may require care yourself.
The Factsheet: Life after caring (PDF, 470kb) provides information to support you if your caring role has or is about to end.